- To be able to take a detailed history of BCG vaccination and scar history.
- To be able to correctly identify BCG scars
- To be able to differentiate BCG scars from Small Pox scars.
- To understand the context and reasons for checking within your organisation
- Roles and Responsibilities-Role of Occupational Health Nurses
- Identifying Scars-Why?
- Smallpox and BCG
- History of BCG-Policies and Procedures
- Other countries BCG Programmes
- Mantoux and BCG
- Scar History
- How to take a history
- How to identify
- Case Studies and practical
This course is a half day course. The participants will understand the importance of identifying BCG Scars and its application in the wider Public Health agenda. With reference to occupation we will link this to occupational health services.
Aims & Objectives
- Introduce the importance of correct identification measures when identifying BCG Scars.
- To take a detailed history of BCG vaccination.
- To identify BCG scars
- To understand the reasons for correct identification