The training programme includes sections on:
NHS Five Year Forward View
Long Term Conditions-Prevalance
- Person Centred Care
- Dignity, Respect & Compassion
- Co-ordinated Care
- Personalised Care
- Collaboration - shared decision making
- Cultural considerations
- Family relationships
- Implementing Person Centred Care
- Self management
- Integrated working
- Benefits of Home Care
- Concepts of Home Care
- Case Studies
- Care Coordination
- Care Planning
- Anticipatory Care
- Regulations and Standards
This Home Care Training is a 1 day course.It will include theoretical and practical elements and will provide time for group discussion. It will highlight theimportance and benefits of care planning, self care and self management.
Aims & Objectives
- To gain an insight into the changing NHS.
- To understand the prevalence of long term condition and the aging population in relation to home care.
- Background information on the components of home care services and why important
- Have an opportunity to consider support available to maintain individual in their own home whilst promoting good quality of life.
- Explore what good home care services are and what factors underpin these.
- Consider what excellence in home care and how the role of the support carer and health care professional promotes wellbeing and engagement.
- Understand the importance and benefits of care planning, self care and self management.