- Ethics in health care including consent, confidentiality and capacity
- Performance Management (Staff)
- Tools and strategies including performance and personal development
- Customer Care
- Patient centred service
- Communication skills
- Managing Conflict and conflict resolution
- How nurses and doctors tick - understanding the mind-set, includingdifferences in roles and professions
- Health Care Professionals - roles and responsibilities, accountability and professional issues
- The Role of the NMC and professional organisations such as RCN Guidelines/Protocols Competency and boundaries
- Resource Management
- Skill Mix Analysis
- Role Profiling
- Clinical Governance
- Team Building and Team Development
- Assessment techniques and tools (practical exercises)
This course will help you to understand the systems, processes,tools and strategiesneeded to address issues relating to poor performance, conflict resolution, customer care, effective communication and managing clinicians. You will explore how to understand yourself and others and how this leads to improvements in motivation, management, communications and relationships. It will be fun and interactive whilst delivering high quality content.
Aims & Objectives
- To be able to understand the role of the multidisciplinary team within the practice
- To understand quality and regulation in primary care
- To understand how to manage resources effectively and efficiently ensuring sustainability in the current economic climate
- To encourage improvement and innovation within primary care teams
- To gain clearer insight into both individual and collective contributions, leading to more productive working.
Who Should Attend?