The course is split into 5 manageable and engaging sections.
- Section 1: The meaning of ‘anxiety’ and ‘panic attack’ In this section, learners will understand the true meaning of the terms ‘anxiety’ and ‘panic attack’, the causes and effects of anxiety and how particular ways of thinking can affect the onset of anxiety.
- Section 2: Causes of anxiety This section explores what causes anxiety and discusses the existing research exploring why some are susceptible to anxiety, whilst others remain unaffected.
- Section 3: The effects of anxiety Learners will be introduced to the varying effects of anxiety, the physical and emotional symptoms and the health repercussions it can have on individuals living with the condition.
- Section 4: How ways of thinking and behaving affect anxiety In this section, learners will understand that the way people think can greatly influence the way they handle demanding, stressful events. This module details how individuals respond to such events in very different ways experiencing different outcomes.
- Section 5: Anxiety management and support Learners will be introduced to the self-help approach towards anxiety and will learn about different self-help strategies available to those living with the condition.
Almost one in five adults living in the UK experiences some form of anxiety or depression. This number could be higher because many people are embarrassed to come forward due to little understanding of the seriousness of anxiety and depression.This short but highly informative course will give you the knowledge you need to understand the impact and key issues surrounding anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions.A great addition to your CV to show your commitment to mental health, this programme is also beneficial for general knowledge and 'real world' experiences.The course is only available online and is auto-marked.
Aims & Objectives
The course is designed to introduce you to the key issues surrounding anxiety, depression and other mental health conditions.
This course is suitable for anyone interested in expanding their knowledge and awareness of anxiety and depression.